Monday, November 03, 2008

This is worth the repost...

Remember...

He laid one on me...

Well, here we are twelve years later. Last Friday on Halloween marked the spot in the road when Kent & I had our first blind double date. It was a Thursday and a very cold Halloween, I might add, when we went on our first date to a Junior High football game in Archer City. If we had not been fond of one another it would have been a miserable experience. Later in the evening, we warmed our toes at Bennigan's in Wichita Falls (the receipt is still in my billfold, and no I didn't pay). Two things stick out in my memory.

First, I ordered a hot chocolate and they brought me a cup of hot water and a package of mix. After seeing the disappointment on my face, Kent sent it back to be fixed just the way I wanted it...whip cream and all. Lastly, Kent prayed before the meal in the midst of an atmosphere of the holiday haunts and howling. I was impressed!The date ended with the two of us all alone in his pickup truck. He turned, for what I thought was gonna be a big sloppy one, and asked if we could pray for God's will in this friendship. Did he kiss me? I'll never tell!

Hahahaha....remember that in 2006, Kent took me to see "One Night with the King". 2007's date is vague...I think we went to Wichita Falls. Now for 2008...I think you can tell we are past the ten year mark...our date destination was determined by a broken down ice box. Yeah, since Ft. Griffin State Park is on the way to Albany...you guessed it we had a date fixin' a box, then eating a wonderful meal at the 'Bee-hive' in Albany. And I loved every minute of it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved this story...it grows sweeter with the years. I am so glad you guys found each other...or God brought you together. Kent has always had a special spot in my heart. And he was lonely. God bless the years ahead.