Sunday, July 08, 2007

Uh Oh...I'm done.


Well, this story is almost done. You guessed it, I was at work on July 8th which was a Wednesday and God showed up. It was almost 9:00 p.m. and my shift was almost done. It was payday. A girl named Shelly, who wasn’t working that day, came by for her check. Shelly was a Christian and she was faithful in attending church and living out her faith. I am ashamed to say it, but I gave her a hard time about being a ‘goody-too-shoes’. She walked up to the counter and towards the employee closet that held her check.

I delayed her tromp to the closet with a question, “Shelly, you sure are dressed up. Where ya headed?” I could tell that she was uncomfortable.

She quipped, “I’m going out.” In my mind I’m thinking, “Wednesday is club night at Midnight Rodeo, surely not Shelly?”

I said, “Where ya goin?”

She replied, “TSF.”

I inquired, “What’s that?”

She shuffled around and finally spurted, “Trinity Student Fellowship.”

I was interested, “I still don’t get it, what is that?”

She gave in, “It’s church, Tammie, church!” Expecting the usual, she twirled towards the closet in hopes of ending the conversation.

I stopped her in her tracks, “Shelly, when does it start?” Stunned she gave me the details. She was about to catch a fly in her mouth because it was hangin’ wide open for so long when I asked her…

“Can I come with you and bring a few friends?”
Day #4—Friend #4—Place to go to church #1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS JUST TOO COOL, I LOVE IT!!!!!OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!!!!!! KEEP ON BLOGGING!!!!!

Jackie said...

Ahhhhhh, Tam! I don't want this to be the end of the story!! Your story is awesome!!

btw...Trinity Church is a neat, neat place...

Anonymous said...

I remember those times it was nice to relive them. That was long ago but yet it seems recent somehow. You have a wonderful memory by the way, I was amazed by all the details you remembered. I understand your clarity though, because that was definitely a turning point in your life.
Aunt Donna

Tammie said...

This isn't just a story, this is my testimony. My Damascus Road Experience.

The reason I remember every detail may be that I've told my testimony a gazillion times. But, more than likely, it's because the experience is burned on my soul in full color.

Thank you for the encouragement ya'll. I'll keep telling it to whoever will listen. I hope you'll keep telling yours, too.