Monday, April 25, 2011

Another Muddy Mess

Once upon a time…no scratch that…twice, three, four upon a time…white that out, too…

Many upon a time, I have had a ‘shattered expectation’ or a ‘dream not come true’! And early April dashed some salt on an open wound. I had someone treat me ‘crappy’ without even remembering who they were talkin’ to, A Princess (God's Girl). Okay, so all princesses don’t use the c’ word, sorry.

On one occasion, scratch that...On a few occasions, hit delete...

Many times in my life, I deserve to be treated “c-word”. But, this time it was uncalled for, in the least. So, I tried to shake it off. With every text, status update, tweet and phone call, it became painfully obvious that I was still holding onto it. Not cool! I know and teach ALL the verses, grrrr!

Wednesday before last, I’m teaching youth (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?). Why HE doesn’t strike me dead is beyond me. And the lesson is about the friends who lowered their paralyzed friend thru the roof and down to the feet of Jesus. The lesson was good, but no earth-shattering-through-the-roof revelation to speak of. I wasn’t surprised due to the attitude bottled up within me.

We had a closing song with prayer time. Instructions: pray for your friends who need Jesus. I participated. As I’m ginnin’ along thru my prayer list…low n’ behold… ‘that’ name pops into my head. Uh-uh, can’t do it. And that's when the earth rumbled and the windows shook.

I confessed before the youth and youth workers that I might NOT be physically paralyzed, but I WAS emotionally and spiritually paralyzed by unforgiveness. I was stuck, couldn’t pray for ‘that one’ or myself.

Those yw’s and kids climbed on the roof, dug thru the shingles and lowered me into His Presence through prayer. There are days when I don’t feel worthy to shine His shoes or scrub His toilet, but maybe with my transparency He will shine His light thru this cracked, muddy vessel called my life. All glory and honor is due YOU, LORD! It certainly put a hop, skip and spring back in my step. Yep, I'm healed!

No comments: