Monday, May 09, 2011

Didn't wanna do it!

Last Wednesday, Aunt Flo made her presence known at my house and well...that whole day I seemed to be going in the wrong direction. Helpers weren't available at The Crib. It was all on me and NOT pretty. At least I did remember to make chicken spaghetti.

The lesson was about Jesus' parables. I asked, "What is a parable?" No answer. I repeat, "Anyone know what a parable is?" Finally, Victor chimes in..."u, u, uuuu, I know. It is a pair of bulls." Bahahaaa, talk about take the edge off...hilarious! We jet along with the parable of the four soils. The dvd even points out the fact that Jesus would glance at his surroundings and teach about a tree, a rock, a boat, etc.

As I'm staring aimlessly at the screen, my eyes are distracted by sunflowers. I get lost in thought in regards to a story told by Myra Moss about how the flower got it's name. Yep, gonna close tonight's lesson with the sunflower story.

In closing, just as the flower follows the sun throughout the day...we should follow the Son throughout our day. "Hey Miss Tammie, you just told a parable", stated Victor.

I left and wasn't the same as when I went...determined to keep my eyes on the Son this next week.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

i HATE Aunt Flo...she's evil! But, I LOVE the crazy things kids say:)

Tammie said...

yep, would've made your day!