Friday, October 01, 2010

The Key

For several weeks now, I've had a friend's 'really nice' four door truck because my Durango is under the weather. Something's up with the interior lights and last night...it was a fumble bumble kind of time while I searched for something lost. Doesn't it irritate you to no end to try and open the back seat door and it be locked due to the safety feature?

Well, I slipped around to hit the unlock button (in the dark mind you) and thought I hit it in the right direction. Nope! I locked myself out! Thankfully, the pick up has one of those number punch entry things...so, off I went to make the dreaded call to David and tell him that I needed the combo cuz I'd done the deed. Kent met me at the door with his billfold wide open...what? (Guess he heard me scream as the door closed in slow motion)

He handed me a card that David had given him from the beginning of our car borrowing's first day. It had the magic numbers that opened the truck without the key. Huh? He knew I might mess up and he already planned for a way back in?! Brilliant!

Hmmm...

This made me think about God and His back-up plan of sending His one and only Son to earth with the redeeming magic of the cross cuz we'd do the deed. In the garden with Eve, HE had it in his back pocket the whole time...sorta like Kent had in the driveway with me all this time. Thank you God that you meet us at the door with your hands and billfold wide open. Like Adam and Eve, we locked ourself out of Heaven's Garden and You made a Way back in. You paid the price. I was lost and now I'm found.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammie,
Isnt it amazing how God is always teaching us something! Through you locking your self out of your truck He gave you a message to share! What a beautiful illustration! Thank you for allowing God to bless my day through you! Hugs, Cindy♥

Tammie said...

I know...Isn't HE cool?