Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Spies Among Us

Yesterday at Kidmo (our preteen ministry) was a doozy and not on the good end of the spectrum, I might add. I’m studying creative discipline methods as we speak. Well, today while reflecting spiritual warfare…the thought crossed my mind that the demons were ordered to research the proverbial Kidmo files of the Catch Series, Episode #2. Their findings revealed that the subject matter would be over the Saul/Paul conversion and that there would be a ‘distinct’ possibility that Tammie would take this opportunity to share her testimony and that some preteen would probably invite Jesus to change their life.

Their hunch was right. I am soooo predictable. In my estimation, there were probably extra legions of demons assigned to my case rather than the norm. I don’t jump on the devil bandwagon that often. Let me explain. At first, I dismissed the thought as ludicrous due to the fact, that I blow it on a regular basis and reap what I sow. The enemy doesn’t have to mess with me much because I’m my own worst enemy. Really!

But, today at our elementary ministry we were studying about the twelve spies checkin’ out the Promised Land. My assignment was to dress up like a spy and have a folder with the words ‘Top Secret’ plastered across it. In my teacher prep time, I was fumbling for a manila folder, any would do…finally and randomly grabbed one out of my briefcase (sounds better than ministry tote). A sharpie pen did the job, not as dark as a sharpie marker…but, oh well…good enough. Then I ran to the sanctuary to set-up. ‘Wow, there’s a sharpie marker on the pulpit! Wow, I’m in luck.’

As I wrote over the letters with the marker, I glanced at the tab heading. THE FOLDER that I happened to grab said KIDMO and contained the lesson plans. This is where I threw the planned FWFriends’ manuscript out the window. Oh, we had to juice this one up. Soooo as we began FWF, Daniel was offstage with the Top Secret Folder and I’m center stage explaining to the children how the enemy broke into my office and stole the lesson plans for Kidmo. And I further explained how he tried to foil all of our plans yesterday. “I’m waiting for my spy agent to get here any moment (as I looked down at a watch in which I wasn’t wearing) because he was successful in retrieving the missing folder just this very afternoon.”

Agent Daniel runs into the room (out of breath, good add Daniel) and thrusts the folder into my hands. “Here you are ma’am.” The evil plot for next week has been spoiled. The day has been saved!

No comments: