Monday, November 02, 2009

Tuff Stuff

I had a hard, clumsy fall last week on a busy highway where I was parallel parked. I think I stepped on my shoe string, I don't know, and I almost fell headlong into oncoming traffic. Luckily, I fell sideways instead of forward which kept me safe. Do I think the enemy pushed me? No! But, do I think he has a hit on my life? Yep! He would love to take me out.

And speaking of an almost fatal incident, I have a church friend who attempted to take her life last week. Long story short, she didn't succeed. Yesterday, I was sitting near the door at church and 3kord was singing a song about being ruined for Him. 'Ruin my desires'...something like that. Then low 'n behold, my friend walks thru the double doors and I'm the first to greet her. Wow! This verse flooded my soul for her...

Proverbs 19:21 (New International Version)

21 Many are the plans in a man's or woman's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

While looking for her scripture just now on biblegateway.com, I found mine:

Proverbs 16:9 (New International Version)

9 In her heart, Tammie plans her course, but the LORD determines her steps.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

great verses!

Cyle Clayton said...

Was thinking about Spiritual Warfare the other day and wrote this: http://anunnaturallife.blogspot.com/2009/10/shallow-spiritual-warfare.html

Stay close to Him.

Tammie said...

Thanks Cyle...