Thursday, July 23, 2009

What a mess...

While dusting my shelves in the kitchen just a moment ago, I hear… “Honey, what’s for supper?” My thought was, ‘Leftovers’. So, I pushed the hold button on dusting and sauntered to the frig to grab a deep pan ¾ full of taco meat to reheat for a taco salad supper. Immediately the pan jumped out of my hands and landed on its’ head and somehow had lost its’ lid on the trip down. Afraid of what was to be, I picked up the pan and 10% of the contents was on the floor and 90% was still stuck in the pan. Hey, not much was wasted, yea! Then, I became lost in thought…

My friends just had their lives turned upside down! He is a pastor and was asked to resign and he is my multi media guru for Hiz Kiz. His wife is my right brain in the childrens' ministry. His kids are in my flock. My prayer is...since the Lord allowed this...that whatever needs to be dumped out and left for the trash will go and they will go on with life trusting His sovereignty holding on to the 90%. He allows things to dump into our lives only to make us better and for our benefit, at least, that is my soul talk. As well as, what I’m praying on their behalf.

I went back to dusting; my next item was my bread of life promise box. I thought I need a word for my friends. I didn’t like the first verse, but settled on the second. Phil. 3:7 “What things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.”

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I agree..."What A Mess"! Not for only the friends you wrote about but for others of us also! For all those on the outside looking in (community wide), only knowing us for whatever witness we have in the community, I feel our witness has been severely injured. Will confidence ever be restored again?

Tammie said...

It has now hasn't it, Miss J ...