Saturday, July 25, 2009

Getch Ur Game On

Okay, I think I need to think. Sometimes I think best thru my fingers. I’ve just learned that I tend to be an emotionally driven person, or rather, ‘was’. It’s changing. And one thing that I’m studying about today is honoring the temple, my body, of God. The verse that was thrown at me this morning was Psalm 84:1, “How lovely are Your dwelling places, O LORD of hosts.” Lovely?! Oh, no…remembrances of the ‘I Spy’ game flood my soul. Lord, don’t make me play that game again!

How many times have I heard these words fly out of my mouth, “I eat when I feel mad, when I feel sad, when I feel glad, when I feel nervous…on and on.” Someone, somewhere along the way, I learned that my eating was a symptom, not the ‘issue’. As I really look at my ‘quote’ in a new light, I see a common denominator. The word ‘feel’, the 1 subject of feelings seems more manageable to deal with than handling each of the 100’s of emotions in my life. We may be onto something huge here?!

Then, there is the whole scolding myself, being disappointed in myself and getting frustrated with my tending the temple habits or lack thereof. (Oops, another common denominator in that statement is ‘myself’.) If you ask my friends ‘What is one of her most used verses?’, they’d tell ya “My/your battle is not against flesh and blood”. They usually get the opportunity to quote it when I’m mad at someone for some random reason. And it’s usually payback for the number of times I’ve thrown it around in their situations. But, this time I was reminded of it on my own and used it in a way I’ve never done.

So wait, I told myself, I am made up of flesh and blood. Yep, sure am. That’s when I realized…drum roll please…my battle is not against myself. Quit beating yourself up, Tam. Learn to love yourself with a healthy love for the person God created you to be. Play the ‘I Spy’ game if you have to. And then, Princess Warrior, get your game on and woop some enemy butt with the weapons not of this world, but of the Spirit.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

if this were like facebook i'd definately hit the "like" button!