Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Foulin' and sayin' sorry!


Kylie and Tiffany sat with me at last nights’ little dribblers games. They had been on the same team and their final game was last Thursday. As the girls reminisced about a game they recently played, I couldn’t keep from crackin’ up. Tiffany almost fouled out of the game. She said, “I guarded a girl that was twice my size and all I could do to stop her was foul.” Kyle added, “Yeah and after she’d foul her she would tell her, ‘I’m sorry’.” I laughingly stated, “Well, then those fouls shouldn’t have counted against you if you said you’re sorry!” They both wholeheartedly agreed, but the ref and bookkeeper hadn’t.

Isn’t that just a fine how do you do?

In a ballgame, when you foul the ref wants you to raise your hand acknowledging your mistake to the bookkeeper on the sideline. They keep up with your mistakes. And if you make too many, then you’re thrown out of the game. When we foul (sin) in life, we have the opportunity to admit it, like raising your hand at the refs whistle, and because of the blood our fouls are forgotten, erased from the books. I like God’s rules! But, only when I’m the fouler, not the foulee.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm soooo glad you can find the time to support these kids in their activities!!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Miss J, it was the last one and I hadn't seen any thus far. I would have been in the doghouse for sure.

Jackie said...

That's o.k.!! Your heart is there and the kids know it and love you anyway!

I don't know how you find the time to do what you do except for being engulfed with the 'timeless' Spirit!