Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Lighthouse

While on vacation I called my Mom. I was talking with her from the island of Oahu where we spent several days before the cruise. "Mom, it's sooo cool~yada, yada, yada." She began asking me questions like, "Did you see the Dole Plantation or the Polynesian Culteral Center?"

One of the neatest parts about seeing Oahu was the fact that all or most of the places I told her about she had already experienced. Ohau was where she stayed her entire Hawaiin vacation. Wow, I'm walkin' where she walked. As a matter of fact, she took the hike and saw the same lighthouse that I took a picture of and experienced it up close.

I had another phone conversation with my Mom yesterday. "Mom, they have moved us to the second floor surgery waiting room and Aunt Jimmie Ann is headed for surgery. So when you get here, come to the second floor not the fifth." And Mom asked me, "Did you lay your hands on her and pray?" Yes, Mom. She repeated, "Did you pray for her?" Yes, Mom. Again she said, "No, Tammie, did you pray for her?" Then it hit me what she was talking about...did I pray the 'don't-have-because-you-don't-ask prayer'. And yes I did, thank goodness, because I'd be in trouble if I didn't. I prayed that the Lord would remove the mass in her brain, dissolve it to the root, and that there would be no reason to biopsy something that was no longer there. I was desperate for God to recognize Himself in my prayer because He's a huge God and this is a little problem for Him and I love Aunt Jimmie and I'm still scared of crossin' my Mom. She can be a little S.A.L.T.Y.

No comments: