Monday, March 28, 2016

Act Of War

John 3:16 proves that the cross was an act of love.  But, have you ever considered the cross as an ACT of WAR?  I hadn't given it much thought until I laid eyes on Jill's wooden walk cross in the shape of a sword.  Then, I married these two verses...

John 1:14 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us."

Eph 6:17 "...the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God."

Therefore,... the Word is Jesus, the Word is the Sword, Jesus is the Sword.

I've always known Jesus defeated Satan in the desert with the written Sword Word, so why hadn't I ever, ever, ever imagined God defeated Satan with a Sword Word in His Hand named Jesus.  In that case, Luke 23:45 doesn't surprise me. Luke says, "And the curtain of the temple was torn in two."  It doesn't catch me off-guard anymore or shock me because in the same moment Jesus whispered, "it's finished" in verse 46, God ripped the Sword out of the heart of the earth AND the gut of Satan.  Satan is as good as graveyard dead, not JESUS, Satan!  And he knows he's bleeding out!

And by the way, he hates you and me.  He sneaks in, out, and around us whispering defeat.  But, he is a dead-dog liar.  Do you wanna kick him in the very teeth that he lied through? Revelation 12:11 says "They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony."  Stick it to him, SHARE YOUR GOD STORY!  Don't ever shut up till Jesus comes, he won't.

No comments: