Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What was I thinkin'...


There’s a point in The Help when the editor and writer exchange thoughts over the phone.  The writer exclaims, “You told me to write about something I believe in, something wrong that nobody notices…”  She saw what so many of her peers were blind to…lack of civility.  And talk about blind… 

After allowing the youth group to watch it tonight…I think I should be pegged as one who doesn’t notice cussing much.  Cuz it was in there more than once and I had that gut check in the presence of those young minds.  I’ve watched it thrice.  My thoughts...it moved me, it’s got a good message, it’s historical and fairly clean.  I thought the ‘S’ word was the only major cuss word.  And the incident was a prime example of repaying evil for evil, what NOT to do.  Surely, it can be redeemed with reference to the sexual purity speech in regards to the Poop Brownie Story from the week prior.  I never dreamed I’d see the infamous quote, although dawned with *&%$ explicative, on societal posts. 

I may get called in the principal’s…orrrr…pastor’s office, rather.  Pray for me and my detrimental impact on this generation…

I need ‘Help’.

No comments: