Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I thought it was David and Goliath...said, Sydney

Whew, yesterday was a goodie. Taught kids about David, Bathsheba and Uriah. We even acted it out with an all-girl cast. Every time David's name was mentioned he, I mean she, strutted a royal pose. When Uriah heard her name she thrust 'his' sword into the air in valor. And precious Bathsheba sat on a curb in a pretend tub of water. When her name was dawned, a helper spritzed Febreeze in the air above her majesty's tub...except for the times the aim was dead on.

Bathsheba said, "It was fun, but not tasty at all...and it was weird pretending to marry Elli." The coolest part for me was the light bulb that bounced along with Sydney's pony tail. She refuted, "But, I thought the story went something like...David and the giant, Goliath..." In the shuffle to the next station I explained, "Yes, but David killed Goliath waaaay before he was King and when he was still a boy keeping sheep." Oh I ssoooooo wanna help her fill in the dots. Hope we can spare some time. Maybe, like Sydney, we all want to remember the victorious times in David's life.

I would like folks to see the whole megillah when they do an assessment of my life. My good years have finally outnumbered my bad years. And I'm expecting mighty moments of victory to come. And I only hope and pray that HE says of me, "She was a woman after my own heart." I want that for Syd, too.

No comments: