Saturday, June 14, 2008

Spagetti Experiment Gone Wrong

This type of post is usually an ideal opportunity for the title, "If I Only Had A Brain". But, in leui of the VBS Power Lab hangover...we are entitling it 'Spagettie Experiment Gone Wrong'.

Last week at VBS my safety goggles fogged, my first experiment with dry ice flooded the stage with bubbles and I was dutily dubbed 'nut' and 'crazy' by preschoolers. So in keeping with the theme while here at home...I tried my hand at supper.

You know the drill, you want to make meatloaf but you didn't set out the meat in enough time to defrost so you have this block of partially thawed hamburger so you toss into pan for the flip and scrape technique. Only midway through the process you find the plastic pad has found its' way into the pan, as well. Hmmmm, surely melted plastic won't prove to be toxic???? Then, after the last flop in the pan I realized that some meat has stuck to the bottom only to realize that it's not meat at all!!! It's the cotton from the plastic pad. JILL, HELP!!! She obviously didn't hear me...what? why? oh, I guess her job as save-my-butt-ologist must be over! Surely people have eaten cotton and still lived to tell about it? Haven't they?

If I don't make it to Sunday School in the morning, then y'll sing "Come To Jesus" at my funeral, k?

7 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

Oh, honey! I am laughing so hard and I love my new name! Sure beats James' "ologist" name!!!

If I'd been there to save your butt (and dinner) I would have recommended using the microwave for a little thawing action before tossing that brick-o-beef into the pan!

Hey, we should come up with "ologist" names for all the leaders! Wouldn't that be funny?! Like backward-tshirt-ologist, Jesus-on-a-wet-tshirt-ologist, flarp-ologist, do-i-have-to-do-crafts-with-them-ologist!

I sure am glad that even though you are insanely busy during the summer and we don't get to see you enough...at least we have the blogs!

Oh, that sounds awful - "she's got the blogs"

joyfuljourney said...

...and yes, we'll sing "Come to Jesus" at your funeral. I'll call Wes and get his costume ready.

It's what I do.

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
I just love you!!! You can always make me feel better.I'll check on ya in the morning!!!!Carly

Jackie said...

Have you ever made a cream pie and left the little paper liner in the bottom of the pie shell? Not too swift, I would say!! I am still reminded of it even years later...

Have a great day in the Lord, Ms. Tammie!!

Anonymous said...

HEY!!!???!!!! Did you make it to Sunday School this morning????????

Tammie said...

Yes...I made it to church and I'm feelin pretty spunky. Love ya'll bunches. I'm on a Dad Date!

Christy said...

LOL! That is too funny...especially after all the fun at VBS. Seriously, I don't think it would have been half as fun without the failed experiments...and I KNOW it wouldn't have been half as fun without you!

Hugs,
Christy